Macronutrient Ratios

The 80 / 20 rule

W hat percent of protein or fats to eat in my diet?

The 80 / 20 rule.

(aka Pareto Principle).

Eat 80% fats / 20% protein.

A little more detail.

Eat animal fats. Saturated fats. Butter, ghee, lard, suet, tallow. These make up most calories.

Eat cheese with zero (or close to zero) carbs. The closer to milk form, the higher the carb content, and lactose.


Avoid seed oils  such as canola, corn oil, sunflower oil, etc. Avoid all derivatives, such as margarine, vegetable fat. There are no vegetable oils. Vegetables don't produce oil. Seeds produce oil to nourish the plant.

Fitday analysis shows my fat consumption settles around 80%. Some days its 78% to 79%. Other days its 81% or 83%.

I don't eat many vegetables or fruits. Occasionally I'll have some salad if I'm with friends. Occasionally I'll have fried onion in omelette. I pass on most veggies.

I avoid fruits aside from Blueberries. I found too many other fruits upset my digestive system. I spend days recovering from stomach cramps, bloating, gas, pain, blood. So, I avoid.

I found I have no trouble digesting animal fats, olive oil, meats, and eggs.

I had some difficulty with regular and sour cream, as I'm lactose intolerant. Same with yogurt and cream cheese. The harder cheeses was touch and go. Some produced pain, some did not. On the whole I do without them.

I read somewhere, you cannot exercise without carbs / sugar / glucose. Wrong. I skate for 1 or 2 hours without difficulty. I go to gym workout H.I.T. routine to failure without any difficulty.

Check out Dr Ron Rosedale's talks. He explains how the body makes the very small daily glucose requirements from fat-glycerol, gluconeogenesis, recycling lactate and pyruvate.

I only experienced problems when my calorie intake was too low. It didn't allow enough glucose production. I fixed it by eating more.