Spectacles

Poor Vision Or Not?

I suffer with hyperopia (longsighted/farsighted). I've been using reading glasses for around 10 years. In that time, my eyesight has slowly deteriorated. Specsavers would write to me and advise it was time for my bi-annual eye test. I would ignore the letter and continue using the glasses I had.

My expensive Specsaver eyeglasses were broken in a tussle, and I didn't fancy paying £100 for replacements. I opted for a £2 pair of reading glasses from a local supermarket. When I needed another pair, as my eyesight weakened, more cheap reading glasses, it was.

Over time, I went from 1.25 x magnification to 1.5. From 1.5 to 2 x mag, and then up to 2.5 where I stopped. I came across the Bates method as a possible means of curing poor eyesight. It didn't seem to work for me.

A few months back I came across the video below - Myopia: A Modern Yet Reversible Disease - on YouTube. I followed the suggestions, and really went at it. In the space of a couple of months, my eyeglasses went from 2.5 to 2.0, then down to 1.5. I'm now using 1 x magnification, el-cheapo reading glasses.  I'm aiming to be free of eye glasses by Xmas.

This method works and does not cost.

Watch the video and see what you think.