Movies - Dallas Buyers Club

Drugs And Life

I've never been a big Matthew McConaughey fan, much of his earlier work was lightweight rom-com and chick-flick material. Remove that shirt and show your torso, Matt! I never managed to get through any of his earlier efforts.

I read good reviews about the Dallas Buyers Club, but good reviews are frequently misleading. Look at GravityCaptain AmericaLion KingUp, X-MenFinding Nemo, Rocky, Monsters Inc. All achieved a rating of 8 or above. I wouldn't waste an afternoon watching them. I'd rather get outside on my skates or read a decent book.

This was the first McConaughey movie I sat through. Most of his previous work, did not appeal. Since McConaughey turned 40, he's taken on more challenging roles and shown he has the talent. Jared Leto shines as the trans-gender Rayon.

Give it a shot.

Name: Dallas Buyers Club
Year: 2013
Director: Jean-Marc Vallée
Stars: Matthew McConaughey, Jennifer Garner, Jared Leto