New Kid In Town
If you have not heard yet, another search engine has muscled its way onto the Web. Its called Blekko, a young contender vying with Google for the search engine crown.
Blekko's stated objective is to provide better search results than Google or Bing. Blekko is headed up by Rich Skrenta.
Blekko intends to differentiate itself from Google and Bing by including people to help improve search results. Blekko also uses what it calls slashtags to further refine and improve your search.
Blekko also intends to filter out spam, SEO garbage, content farms, and other undesirables that pollute search results.
Some info taken from Blekko site:
Blekko - Slash the web!
blekko is a better way to search the web by using slashtags. slashtags search only the sites you want and cut out the spam sites. use friends, experts, community or your own slashtags to slash in what you want and slash out what you don't.
Blekko - Web search bill of rights
1. Search shall be open
2. Search results shall involve people
3. Ranking data shall not be kept secret
4. Web data shall be readily available
5. There is no one-size-fits-all for search
6. Advanced search shall be accessible
7. Search engine tools shall be open to all
8. Search & community go hand-in-hand
9. Spam does not belong in search results
10. Privacy of searchers shall not be violated
I've been using Blekko alongside Google and the returns are different. Run a few searches on both Blekko and Google. You'll see there is difference with the returned results.
Give Blekko a shot and see how you get on.