Laptop Brightness Control

The Light And The Dark

I posted around a week ago on the brightness adjustment problem I had with my laptop. It seems the acpi controls do not respond to user input via Fn-7 or Fn-8 keys. I googled and discovered some info on the problem and found a temporary workaround.

While surfing the web today, I came across a user with the same problem and simple shell scripts that purport to fix it.

I downloaded the scripts and reading through them I know it won't work without edits as the directory location and hardware on the laptop do not match the script.

Copy the scripts to /etc/acpi/

To increase brightness use Fn+Up arrow

To decrease birghtness use Fn+Dn arrow

I'll post scripts after making necessary changes to directory entries and hardware.

I don't have time right now.

Soon!