Manually Adding Fonts
If you have a set of fonts you wish to add, it can be done manually. Its a fairly simple process.
1. Open a Gnome-Terminal as root
$ sudo gnome-terminal (give password)
2. Change to system fonts directory
# cd /usr/share/fonts/truetype
3. Create new directory to hold your new fonts
# mkdir ttf-newfonts
4. Change to new directory
# cd ttf-newfonts
5. Copy fonts from your home directory to system fonts directory
# cp ~/fonts/* .
6. Change ownership to root
# chown root.root *.ttf
7. Run fc-cache to update system
# fc-cache -fsv
On completion system will display results.