Use the following to speedup Firefox.
1) Type “about:config” into the address bar and hit return. Type “network.http” in the filter field, and change the following settings (double-click on them to change them)
2) Set “network.http.pipelining” to “true”
3) Set “network.http.proxy.pipelining” to “true”
4) Set “network.http.pipelining.maxrequests” to 8 (recommended by Firefox devs)
5) Right-click anywhere and select New-> Integer. Name it “nglayout.initialpaint.delay” and set its value to “0″. This value is the amount of time the browser waits before it acts on information it receives. With it set to zero the page just pops up, it’s a dramatic change.
See how ya go.